Perhaps you are trying to find an excellent baseball radar gun review to aid you on your quest to find the best baseball radar gun for baseball training. Similar to radar speed guns for vehicles, baseball radar guns measure the speed of a player’s pitch or batting. With a baseball radar gun, coaches can identify room for improvement on a player’s pitching or batting technique.
Furthermore, baseball radar guns help pitchers and batters to have a visual output on their pitch or swing. Therefore, we recommend coaches incorporate a baseball radar gun into their team’s training session. As a result, we have collected excellent products in this baseball radar gun review for your team or individual pitching and batting needs.
Here is the Quick List
Table Of Content
The Benefits of Incorporating a Radar Gun in Training Sessions
A radar gun is an essential part of a baseball coach’s gear alongside gear transporters, baseball buckets, and coaches’ boards. These baseball speed measuring instruments allows coaches to closely analyze accurate readings of a player’s pitching and batting performance, helping coaches identify rooms for improvement. In this light, we will identify the various benefits a radar gun provides to its users within this section of the baseball radar gun review.
Enables Coaches to Track a Pitcher and Batter’s Progress
As stated, baseball radar guns enable players to have a visual idea of their progress over time. In addition, radar guns provide valuable data, enabling players to objectively identify which throwing or swinging technique works best with their playstyle. Also, radar guns allow coaches to shine a light on a player’s progress by comparing results as they train.
Provides Accurate Measurements
Forget eyeballing baseball trajectory speeds, players and coaches can now conveniently and accurately measure baseball speeds with a baseball radar gun. Furthermore, today’s technology enables most radar guns to have a higher accuracy index and speed ranges. Lastly, radar guns allow coaches and players to analyze their speed data at a micro-level.
Portability and Convenience
In today’s market, most manufacturers craft their baseball radar guns in small compact sizes. This construction style enables players and coaches to bring their radar guns virtually in any training session. However, not all manufacturers build their baseball radar guns the same way, some stray away from handheld designs and incorporate tripods in their build. Nevertheless, battery-operated baseball radar guns provide excellent portability for their user’s convenience.
Excellent Baseball Radar Guns from Amazon
Pocket Radar Smart Coach / Compatible with Pocket Radar App
Brand: Pocket Radar
Type: Handheld Baseball Radar Gun
Boasting 2 types of usage, the pocket radar gun will work both handheld mode and on its own through the personal training mode. Also, players and coaches can use the Pocket Radar Smart Coach on its own or through the Pocket Radar App available to both iOS and Android devices. This feature enables players to track their progress manually or through the Pocket Radar app.
Furthermore, the Pocket Radar Smart Coach shows exit velocities, pitching speeds, and swing speeds through the Pocket Radar app. Moreover, Pocket Radar enables users to export these data as a CSV file, allowing transfer and safe-keeping on a computer or external drive.
Lastly, Pocket Radar allows users to record auto-edited videos that show their statistics, enabling sharing across various platforms and social media.
The Pocket Radar Smart Coach is an excellent choice for coaches and players looking for a highly accurate radar gun with the capacity of connecting to a smartphone.
- Compatible with the Pocket Radar App
- 120 feet range
- Handheld and personal training mode
- Compatible with both iOS and Android
- +/- 2kph accuracy
- The Pocket Radar app is free on both iOS and Android.
- Capable of measuring speeds from 40 to 209 kph.
- Stores unlimited data through the Pocket Radar app.
- Weighs only 4.5 ounces with the included 2 AA batteries.
- Users can control the Pocket Radar Gun wirelessly through the app.
- Requires a tripod when used for personal training.
- The device burns batteries quickly.
Jugs Gun — Sports Radar Gun
Type: Premium Handheld Baseball Radar Gun
Let’s take this Baseball Radar Gun Review back to the classic Jugs Gun, a one-of-a-kind baseball radar gun that utilizes Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, making it one of the most accurate radar guns in the market. In addition, the Jugs Gun boasts an accuracy index of +/- 0.5 mph, accurately measuring speeds from 5mph up to 140mph from a maximum distance of 300ft.
Furthermore, the Jugs Gun is capable of transmitting data to a computer through its data port, allowing coaches to store their player’s data for future use. Still, the Jugs Gun features a “five-pitch recall” that enables coaches to look within the last five pitches thrown by players.
The Jugs Gun features two operating modes namely the trigger and continuous mode. The trigger mode helps users to operate the Jugs Gun manually with the press of a button. Conversely, the continuous mode of the Jugs Gun enables coaches to automatically measure pitching and hitting speeds with a simple double click.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Technology
- 2 User-friendly modes — Trigger and Continuous Mode
- 6NiMH rechargeable batteries
- +/- 0.5mph accuracy index
- 5-140mph speed range
- maximum distance range
- The included rechargeable batteries of the Jugs Gun can reach usage of up to a week.
- The batteries only require 2 hours of charging time.
- The Jugs Gun is one of the most accurate radar guns in the market.
- The DSP technology of the Jugs Gun enables it to process data quickly.
- Trusted by coaches since 1971.
- Most expensive product in this Baseball Radar Gun Review.
- Does not feature wireless connectivity.
Stalker Sport 2 Radar – Deluxe Package
Brand: Stalker Radar
Type: Handheld Baseball Radar Gun
Featuring a maximum measuring distance of 300ft and an accuracy of +/- 1mph, the Stalker Sport 2 Radar is an excellent alternative to the extremely expensive Jugs Gun. In addition, the Stalker Sport 2 Radar is capable of reading speeds from 5 up to 150 mph, possessing one of the best speed ranges within the market.
Furthermore, the Stalker Sport 2 Radar features 6 AA NiMH rechargeable batteries, comparable to the Jugs Gun’s battery range. Plus, the onscreen message display of the Stalker Sport 2 Radar not only conserves power but also displays measurements clearly in various lighting conditions. Lastly, the Stalker Sport 2 Radar allows users to view the last five measurements through its recall function, enabling coaches to accurately compare a player’s performance.
- 300ft maximum measuring distance
- +/- 1mph accuracy
- 5-150mph reading speeds
- 6 AA NiMH
- Memory Recall Function
- Simultaneous release speed and plate speed display
- Not only excellent for baseball but also other sports like football and tennis.
- Performs comparatively close to the Jugs Gun for almost half the price.
- Sports a maximum reading speed of 150mph.
- Comes with a hard carrying case.
- Great value for its price.
- The memory recall function deletes all recorded data once turned off.
- Inferior battery life compared to the Jugs Gun.
NetPlayz Baseball Radars, Speed Sensors Training Equipment
Type: Stationary Baseball Radar Gun
Of course, this baseball radar gun review doesn’t only focus on coaching needs because, with the NetPlayz Baseball Radar, athletes can now analyze their pitching and batting during personal training hands-free!
The NetPlayz Baseball Radar Gun features an adjustable angle radar, enabling users to measure speeds from 3mph up to 150mph. In addition, NetPlayz included a speed recall feature to their stationary radar gun, allowing users to compare their 10 previous hits or pitch.
Moreover, the NetPlayz Baseball Radar Gun features a large LED display that enables the product to visibly show its measurement at a distance. Because of its stationary construction, NetPlayz also provides users with a tripod, tuning fork, and silicone hammer to help improve the accuracy of the baseball radar gun. Lastly, the NetPlayz Baseball Radar Gun comes with a carrying case, allowing players to easily bring the instrument to various locations.
- Hands-free design
- Measuring speeds from 3mph up to 150mph
- Speed Recall Feature
- Bright LED Display
- Comes with a tripod, tuning fork, and silicone hammer
- Provides a hands-free operation excellent for personal training.
- Includes three additional accessories.
- Comes with a free carrying case.
- Features a wide speed range up to 150mph.
- Easy to set up.
- Requires users to meticulously position the instrument to get accurate measurements.
- Non-durable construction.
Stalker Radar Pro II + (PLUS) Radar Gun Deluxe Package
Brand: Stalker Radar
Type: Premium Handheld Baseball Radar Gun
Trusted by professionals in Major League Baseball, you can never go wrong with the Stalker Radar Pro II. This Premium Baseball Radar Gun from Stalker Radar features extremely accurate measurements perfect for any sport!
The Stalker Radar Pro II offers unparalleled features in today’s market, even boasting a wide speed measurement distance of up to 500ft through. In addition, the Stalker Radar Pro II can accurately read speeds from 1 mph up to 900mph, easily overpowering the Jugs Gun.
However, the +/- 3% accuracy of the Stalker Radar Pro II is closely similar to the Stalker Radar Sport 2 Radar. Nevertheless, the added features such as the wide units of measure and IP 67 rating makes the Stalker Radar Pro II an excellent choice for coaches and players looking for a durable radar gun.
- Speed range of 1-900 MPH
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- +/- 3% accuracy
- IP 67 Dust and Waterproof
- Speed Measurement distance of up to 500ft
- 5 hours battery life per charge
- Possesses wireless capabilities.
- Extremely accurate baseball radar gun.
- Dustproof and Waterproof.
- Unparalleled speed measurement range.
- Displays results in mph, kph, m/s, and knots.
- The most expensive product in this baseball radar gun review.
- Similar to the Stalker Sport 2 Radar Gun in terms of accuracy.
Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun
Type: Handheld Baseball Radar Gun
Excellent for coaches and parents looking for a convenient budget handheld baseball radar gun, the Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun provides an easy point-and-shoot design. In addition, its clear LCD provides its users with excellent measurement readability.
Furthermore, the Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun can measure speeds from 6 up to 110mph, making it a decent baseball radar gun. Moreover, this instrument from Bushnell features an excellent +/- 1mph accuracy index, significantly compared to the other offerings in this baseball radar gun review.
Lastly, the Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun utilizes digital signal processing (DSP) technology, enabling it to be accurate and quick to read the speed of almost any object. Paired with its easy pistol grip, users will surely benefit from the fast trigger and read speeds of the Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun.
- Easy to use pistol grip
- Large and clear LCD data display
- +/- 1 mph accuracy index
- Measuring speeds from 6 up to 110 mph
- Digital Signal Processing
- Measurement distance of up to 90 feet
- Budget-friendly handheld baseball radar gun.
- Utilizes the DSP technology.
- Decent features considering its price point.
- Easy point and click pistol-grip design.
- Excellent accuracy index.
- The display only shows the speed in mph.
- Lacks essential features such as memory recall.
F5 Sports pitchLogic Ball and Mobile app
Brand: F5 Sports
Type: Baseball-incorporated Pitching Speed and Spin Gauge
The innovative F5 Sports pitchLogic Ball and Mobile App innovate pitching training by allowing pitchers and coaches to closely analyze a player’s throwing technique.
Aside from speed measurements, the pitchLogic Ball offers 12 key metrics namely, backward extension, forward extension, arm slot, breaking force direction, lift force, total spin, rifle spin, backspin, sidespin, and ball movement. This feature allows players to analyze and diagnose bad habits in a pitcher’s throwing technique.
Excellent to pair with different baseball throwing nets, the pitchLogic Ball enables players to naturally deliver a pitch without worrying about setting up another instrument. To top it off, the pitchLogic Ball Mobile App is completely free; however, there are optional in-app purchases to unlock more metrics, making the application analyze more out of a pitch.
- 12 key metrics
- Standard pitchLogic Mobile App
- Requires no calibration
- Micro-level pitch analysis
- Lithium Polymer Batteries
- Requires no external setup as it comes out of the box ready to use.
- Comes with a Standard pitchLogic Mobile App compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Analyzes pitch speed, movement, and spin in real-time.
- Trusted by pitchers from all 30 MLB teams.
- Accurate data analysis compared to handheld baseball radar guns.
- The optional in-app purchases are senseless considering the amount of money the product costs.
- Not suitable for hitting anything hard such as a wall.
Frequently Asked Questions about Baseball Radar Guns
Q: What radar gun does MLB use?
MLB pitchers use various radar guns to incorporate in their training regimens such as the Pocket Radar Guns and pitchLogic balls.
Q: What is the best baseball radar gun app?
Currently, the pitchLogic Mobile App is one of the best baseball radar applications in the market because of its intricate speed, spin, and baseball movement analysis.
Q: Is the Bushnell radar gun good?
Yes, the Bushnell radar gun is an excellent value for its price. Considering its under $200 price range, the Bushnell radar gun does its job decently. However, there are many alternatives, such as the Stalker Sport 2 Radar Gun if you have $700 to spare.
Q: How much does a pocket radar cost?
The Pocket Radar Smart Coach costs $399.99 while the Pocket Radar Ball Coach Radar costs $299.99.
Q: How accurate is a pocket radar?
Pocket Radar has certified its speed measuring instruments to feature an accuracy index of +/- 1mph.